MS and ALS Care
Care options exist that can help people with MS or ALS remain safe and comfortable within their homes.
Receiving a diagnosis of Multiple Sclerosis (MS) or Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis ALS can be truly devastating and overwhelming for individuals and their families. Our caregivers at Retire-At-Home are available and dedicated to helping support and encourage you through the process of navigating and adapting the new realities that come along with these diagnoses.
Home care can be incredibly valuable for individuals with a diagnosis of MS or ALS to help manage some of the following symptoms:
- Bladder dysfunction
- Bowel dysfunction
- Brain atrophy (detected via MRI)
- Dizziness, difficulty keeping your balance
- Drastic changes in your gait
- Problems with abstract reasoning
- Slower information processing capabilities
- Short term memory loss
- Visual-spatial abilities weakened (e.g. driving).
Our experienced and compassionate caregivers possess training and skills related specifically to addressing the symptoms and challenges associated with MS and ALS. The care we provide is available on a flexible basis, and can be adapted to meet changing needs, whether in the hospital or at home.
Retire-At-Home can help you manage your disease by providing the following services in Etobicoke & Mississauga South:
- Companion Care
- Home Support and Housekeeping
- Meal Preparation
- Nursing Care
- Outings and transportation, such as groceries, or prescription pick up
- Personal Care