Starting Home Care Services – Next Steps
Once you’ve decided to take Home Care Services for you or a loved one, here are the next steps in getting started.
1. After calling Retire-At-Home Services Mississauga South and Etobicoke, we will meet with you in your own home to get to know you and to familiarize ourselves with your care needs. We will also provide a detailed description of our customized service and answer any questions you may have.
2. At a time that is convenient to you, our Registered Nurse can provide a full medical assessment to further determine the customization of our care.
3. Working with your input, we will define the ideal caregiver(s) to implement the care plan within the agreed upon schedule.
4. Feeling nervous about getting started? That is natural. At the beginning of the first shift, we will come to your home to present you with your caregiver. We will stay with you for a friendly introduction, making sure everyone is comfortable.
5. For on-going quality control and monitoring, we will regularly check in with you and ask you how you and your family feel the caregiving is going. We also ‘pop by’ on unplanned supervisory visits to ensure the care is going as directed, and that everyone is content. We want to exceed your expectations, and we welcome changes and modifications to suit your needs and desires.